Lady Knight - Tamora Pierce This was my favorite book out of the Protector of the Small series, and I think it was wonderfully crafted. The characters, the conflict, Kel's frustration as she is forced to try and decide between her 'destiny' and her orders. All wonderful.I gave it five stars, but I think others should be wary. This is one of those books where I'm fully aware that while I like it, there's stuff in here that others might not like. A huge chunk of this book follows Kel as she sets up a refugee camp and has to work out the daily details that go into running something like that. That was my favorite part of the book, but I have an uncommon love of logistics and trying to figure out things like that. There is still plenty of action in that section, and some wonderful character-building, but for those who just want to see her get on to the final bad guy, it might be a bit of a chore to get through. Also, there's an entire group of characters introduce in the third act and then left to meander through the climax. They don't do a whole lot or gain their own story arc or conclusion, and that can be quite frustrating. Other than that, it's a solid offering from a veteran writer, and Kel remains always one of my favorite fantasy heroines.